How Consignment Works at Bridal Sense
Bridal Sense has been extremely successful selling selected wedding gowns and other items on consignment. We welcome consigners!
The purpose of this Web page is to help potential consigners understand Bridal Sense's terms and conditions (all of which are formally documented in our Consignment Agreement which consignors sign a our store).
Items We Accept:
- Wedding Gowns
- Veils & Accessories
- Mothers' Dresses
Items We Do Not Accept:
- Old Wedding Gowns: We typically do not take wedding gowns older than two years.
- Bridesmaids' Dresses: We typically do not take bridesmaids' dresses on consignment. However, if you have a group of three or more bridesmaids' dresses and none has been worn or altered, we would consider selling them on consignment.
- Anything on Saturday! Although we are open on Saturday, it is our busiest day. We hope you understand why we cannot take consignments on Saturdays.
Consignment Period and Pricing:
- If we accept your items, we will carry them in the store and attempt to sell them for a period of twenty-four (24) weeks.
- You pay a $6.00 one-time fee per consignment agreement.
- Together we will determine the asking price for each item, based on condition and our best assessment of resale value.
- Items will be sold at the full asking price for the first four (4) weeks of the consignment period. Thereafter, items may be reduced for the remainder of the consignment period at the discretion of Bridal Sense.
- Bridal Sense and you will split the proceeds 50/50, and you are paid monthly.
Other Policies and Guidelines:
- All listings for your items must be removed from on-line and other sources while under contract with Bridal Sense (only one of us can sell at a time!).
- All clothing must be dry-cleaned, the cost for which shall be borne by you.
- At the end of the consignment period, it is your responsibility to notify us prior to contract expiration as to whether the items will be picked up or donated. Any unsold items not picked up/claimed by you within this 7 day period will become the property of Bridal Sense and will be donated without notification.
- While we will take all reasonable and necessary measures to prevent loss, theft or damage to your items, our consignment agreement will expressly relieve Bridal Sense of any liability for any such loss, theft or damage.
Feel free to stop by anytime during normal business hours—no appointment necessary: ~ Mon 10-3 Tues-Fri 10-5 Wed-Thurs 11-7 While Bridal Sense is open Saturday from 10-5, WE DO NOT TAKE CONSIGNMENTS ON SATURDAY.